Cincar Consulting Group, LLC (C2G) has been supporting the DGS Capital Construction Services Division (CCSD) with advisory and program management services since 2018.Initially the services included an independent assessment of the Office of Program Delivery (OPD) and a review of the organizational structure of the division and its capacity to lead and manage the DC Schools Modernization and Stabilization projects. It has evolved to assist with organizational structure alignment, process and systems improvement and performance management.
Following successful completion of the initial scope, we were retained to serve as Program Management/Delivery Strategic Advisor to help the Office of Capital Construction transition to new leadership, extend PM services to other portfolios within the division and lead a Tiger Team that was focused on ensuring that all future school projects were delivered on time. The Tiger Team performed construction management in depth reviews of each project and worked with A/E firms and contractors for each project to address all issues that would impede project timely completion. C2G staff were actively engaged in:
- Supporting technology for program delivery
- Provide detailed status of each of the 12 Modernization and 40 Stabilization projects that were scheduled to be delivered in August 2018
- Assisting with the development of the Capital Project Office (CPO) and updating the Project Delivery Manual including:
- Supporting the Capital Project Office to refine the organization chart and key position descriptions.
- Enhancing implementation strategies.
- Surveying DGS CCSD project management staff for training needs.
- Updating/integrating project delivery manual with new project management software platform.