The Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC) is the regional planning organization for the Atlanta Metropolitan Area. The ARC selected Cincar Consulting Group, LLC (C2G) to lead the development of an Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Anti-Racism (IDEA) Strategic Plan. The plan will help the ARC apply the IDEA lens to its talent management; plans, programs and policies; procurement; organizational culture; community engagement; and program outcomes.
Building on the ARC’s vision, mission, values and guiding principles and the IDEA framework C2G is leading the effort to
- Develop a common language supporting Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Anti-Racism.
- Prepare a comprehensive gap analysis report that benchmarks current state of ARC IDEA practice against best practices
- Design and lead a robust staff engagement process that provides varied opportunities to listen to staff and solicit creative ideas for the strategic plan.
- Methods used include one-on-one interviews, subgroup meetings, all staff survey and Focus Groups.
- Develop a three-year IDEA Strategic Plan using an interdisciplinary approach to engage multiple stakeholders in the development of the plan. The plan will include prioritized implementation focus that would lead to substantive and sustainable IDEA practice at the ARC
- Design an IDEA training plan to support leadership and staff development and facilitate initial training to expand personal and agency IDEA knowledge and accountability.
- Develop an organizational scorecard to assist in measurement and evaluation of key plan metrics.