The Jacksonville Transportation Authority (JTA) periodically updates its five-year strategic plan known as the Blueprint for Transportation Excellence, JTA’s Five-Year Strategic Action Plan. Because of the pandemic, and due to the preparations for the phased JRTC Return to Work, JTA sought to take a comprehensive look at the impacts of COVID-19 on its overall operations and determine its role and responsibilities in the “new normal.”
The JTA engaged the services of a consultant team, co-led by Cincar Consulting Group, LLC (C2G), to assist the Authority in developing a post-COVID-19 strategic action plan. The team was tasked with answering the following questions:
- What changes in JTA’s operating environment will revert to the pre-COVID-19 environment?
- What changes in JTA’s operating environment will require the Authority to revise its operations and services?
- Should the JTA rethink its business and operations models to serve employees and customers in a changing world?
- What policies should the JTA develop or revise to maximize social, economic, and environmental goals under different scenarios in the context of the pandemic response in Jacksonville?
- What are the appropriate timeframes for considering the impacts of COVID-19 on the JTA operations and services?
- How does JTA make the most of this time as a mobility integrator in this “new normal”?
- What innovations should JTA leverage now to implement and promote mobility in Northeast Florida?
- What should JTA’s organization look like and how should they rethink the workforce as it related to its composition?